This is one of my major struggles when I first start dating. Here comes his birthday or Christmas is around the corner and I’m debating if I should buy him a gift. Is it too soon to be investing money etc? Ahhhh well … But who cares?! Im a giver and I love to see people happy. If the tables were turned wouldn’t you want to be thought of ?
I’m not saying to over do it and buy him a trip to Paris, but just something that will let him know you thought about him and he means something to you.
So what are some gifts or things to do if you all just started dating ?
- Buy a set of tickets for you and him to go to a concert or play TOGETHER
- A nice good reading book (hardcopy books look better)
- Something quirky and funny that will make him laugh (like a shot glass with something funny written on it from Spencer’s )
- A nice or funny card
- Give him a gift that reflects something you all have discussed. For example, if he said he likes art, buy him a painting or something artsy and crafty.
- Take him to lunch or go for drinks
- A bottle of wine or liquor
Do you think a gift is necessary? If so, what are some things you can do or give to your date for special occasions ?